Thursday, January 10, 2013

Giving Back!

On December 29, my last sale of the year, Savvy Chic reached profitability! Today I'm making my first 10% donation to Redline United (www.redlineunited.org). Sure, it's only $20, but I'm so excited by what it represents. This will hopefully be the first check of many!
When I started the Savvy Chic Boutique in the fall, I didn't know how long it would take to reach profitability, but I did know that once I reached that point, I wanted to give 10% of all profits to Redline United, the non-profit organization that helped bring my niece and nephew, Lera and Vitalik, into our family.  They help bring many Ukrainian orphans home to their forever families.

Of course I could have written a check for $20 to Redline United last summer and skipped all this!  But my hope is that I'm establishing a business that I love, which can also continually give back to an organization that I believe in.  Just think, at least the next few sales will be 100% profit, and 10% of total sales will be able to go to Redline United!

Just in time for the BIG WINTER CLEARANCE SALE!  Stay tuned for more information, you aren't going to want to miss this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment